Thursday, August 18, 2011

Wednesday at Waldo's

I stopped in at Waldos on the Beach last evening at about 7pm. A big storm was brewing and the sky over the ocean was steel blue and the water was dark but beautiful. 
Voodoo was just getting ready to start their first set of the night. Said hello to Rick Collins, the amazing singing drummer, and told him how much I enjoyed meeting his wife, Jillian at VB Sports Bar on Saturday when they both sat in with Kent Taylor Brown. She is a musician also, (Fossil Rockers) among other things like - becoming a doctor!?

What an evening of music with Voodoo! Jimmy (I'll get his last name soon) is just incredible on lead guitar and Lee (ditto on the name) sang some new songs. I only stayed for two sets and I'm glad I wore flats because I stood up a lot. But I like to get right up there where I can feel the music and where I can watch Rick Collins get down on those drums and sing "Hotel California"! I'm sure the bass player (Jeff?) sang one of my favorites, "Glass Half Full" after I left, but...there's always next Wednesday at 7pm for another opportunity to hear Voodoo at Waldo's.
Note: I won't wait until I have all the info, like people's names, etc., but I will get better at finding it out before I report to you - soon! This is just another thing in life that will get better with the doing of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry