Saturday, August 27, 2011

At Waldo's - Rhythm and blues band

Nasty Habits was at Waldo's last night. It was clear where the band's name came from when Mike Presutti, vocalist and guitar player sang the song of the same name by Tony Castro. " All my nasty habits just won't let me be."  Mike looks like he was never plagued by a bad habit in his life and must visit the gym daily. He puts his great voice into each song and that's nothing compared to the way he makes his guitar sing, scream and wail!

It didn't hurt to be backed up by Rick Collins on drums and Chuck Shoat on bass, two musicians from the Voodoo band.
Nasty Habits is a non-stop, hard rocking rhythm and blues band and if you like to dance to music that just doesn't let up, this is the band for you.  An energetic woman, Susie, kept coaxing me out on the floor and I ended up getting my workout and having a great time!

Some of the songs:  "Cold Shock" (by Stevie Ray Vaughn); "Rock It Baby" - like your back ain't got no bones; "Gravity;" "Some Kind of Wonderful" (by Grand Funk Railroad); "Blues is My Business" - and business is good!; "Ain't Gonna Tell You About My Good Thing" and "If Life Don't Kill You, Lovin' Will."  Mike also sang a couple of his original songs, one of which was "Get Your Head on Straight." 

I didn't make it over to Kelly's - I guess it was unrealistic to think I'd be able to walk away from all that energy and great rhythm and blues sounds once I got into it. But I bet they had a great time over there with Deja Vu. Maybe somebody will write me at verobeachlive@gmail.com and tell me all about it.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry