Tuesday, August 30, 2011

A quick note

I'm a little out of the loop right now (packing and moving) so if anyone knows of a music event, let me know. verobeachlive@gmail.com

Riverside has Steven and Joe tonight;  always good food, a river view and the sunset.

And of course, Wanda hosts Karaoke at What-A-Tavern on Royal Palm Pointe.

Here's a bit of music news I saw on line: CHICAGO — Grammy-winning Blues musician David "Honey Boy" Edwards, believed to be the oldest surviving Delta bluesman and whose roots stretched back to blues legend Robert Johnson, died early Monday in his Chicago home, his manager said. He was 96.

I'm not familiar with Mr. Edward's music but maybe some of you are. Worth a look-see on Youtube. Sounds like a music man who lived a long life, playing and singing the blues. Sounds like a good one to me!

I almost forgot: Marschall Van Doren is entertaining at the American Legion -vocals and keyboard - 810 S. U.S. 1 in Ft. Pierce,(772-461-1480) starting, I believe, at 7pm.  I'm pretty sure its open to the public - at any rate I'll drop in at about 8pm since I promised to sing a few songs.

I know, I know, I don't have all the details yet, but that will happen soon enough. Right now, bare bones info...until I'm settled into my new digs. We'll be seriously up to date by start of season - which won't be that long! Stay tuned.

Speaking of Ft. Pierce, the incredible Jazz &Blues Society at the Black Box, attached to the Sunrise theater on 2nd Ave., has a fantastic jam session tonight. It starts at 7:30 and only $5 admission.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry