Monday, August 22, 2011

The Sunday Jam Session

The band that hosted the jam session at the Veterans Club on Sunday was The Andrews Brothers, what I would call a country/rock band.  Albert plays drums and Allen plays guitar and both sing. The third member is the indispensable Johnny B" (Bermsderfer) on bass.  I love to watch his fingers crawl around on those strings!
Johnny told me a bit about his life and I plan to do a feature on him soon.  In fact, next time I attend an event I will take my camera so you can get a view of the guys I'm talking about.

Some of the songs the Andrews Brothers did were "Glass Half Full" which is one of my favorites; "Boot Scootin'"; "Check Yes or No" and "Fast". They also did "God is Great, Beer is Good and People are Crazy," "Born to be Bad" and the Eagle's song, "Take It Easy"

Since it was a jam session, Kevin Emmert from the band, "The Jacks", took over the drums and sang "American Dream."

All in all, an entertaining afternoon. When I was leaving, Patrick ( last name pending) had settled behind the mic with an acoustic guitar at the break and  was singing an Eagles song.

The same band will be there next Sunday. The air, I'm happy to say, was quite clear and breatheable!

Put the "V" on your calendar for Sundays. I told Tiffany, the bar tenderesse, that you all were coming and she said she'd be ready to pour you a cold one or two. And at great prices!

I asked her why the pizza was so good and she told me they were from the Swann company. Makes sense.   


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry