Sunday, January 27, 2013

A beautiful Sunday, (my bike is calling me), but you can bet I slept in a little later than usual. What a musical week! 

Enjoyed beginning of the evening Saturday with Tony and Holly, two superb singers, at the American Bar at Vista Royale. They can sing anything! They do solos and duets, all the great ones like "My Guy," "Chicago," "That's Life" and "What's New?"  They both have an exceptional range and one of my favorites was, "You Don't Bring Me Flowers Anymore."  Just a 'flick' of the computer and they had just the accompaniment to satisfy any request. Both of these performers are pleasant to look at as well as listen to and I enjoyed the playful give and take on some tunes, especially, "Goodie, Goodie"

Couldn't stay for the entire show though, had to rush over to hear my friend, Louie Archambeau at Wills55, (the new name for the old Chophouse on Ocean) where I also found Frank Gavin and the twins Sandy and Cindy.They had already done a song with Louie - their famous "Route 66."  Also enjoyed hanging out with their friend, Kathleen and my pal, Cathy Anderson. I had a great time there and the diners and folks at the bar seemed to love Louie's banjo tunes. Louie called me up for a couple of songs, "Crazy," and Bob Dylan's "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight." 

But I couldn't stay to the end of that show either! Kitty was hosting her birthday bash down at Central Beach at her Blue Star wine bar! I couldn't miss that. When I arrived, the streets were filled with well wishers, the band St.John's Wood was on the terrace doing some Beatles tunes for the throngs below. Inside, another band, The Jacks, was driving the inside crowd with it's tight and soul bending rock and roll. It felt like the old 'mosh pit,' down in front. They are wonderfully professional musicians. 
This info I got from their website: the Jacks are a classic or roots rock band. Craig Bowers on vocals and guitar, plus mandolin and harmonica. (He was great! Strong, distinctive voice and he made that guitar sing, or whatever else he wanted it to do.) Ed Karwatske on keyboards; Chuck Shoaf on bass, (always good to hear Chuck); and Sam 
Masiello on drums. Like the bio says, "the Jacks are definitely the little band with the big sound." Check out their website. I just typed in 'the Jacks band, Vero Beach, Fl.' You can hear audios of their songs.

Thanks to Mike Presutti of the band, Nasty Habits, for helping me get the Jacks names straight.
 
 
I got some good photos, just need some help loading them onto this page! Could someone help me with this technical dilemma?? I'd appreciate it since I'm among the technically challenged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry