Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Wednesday, 5/28, Thursday 5/29

Hello Vero's live music fans, 

On Tuesday, I went all the way out route 60 to the old Best Western, now a happening music venue called 33 1/3 Lounge and I was happy so see how much things had changed. The lounge, with a spacious bar, a real stage and plenty of tables, was brighter than I remembered and had a fresh appeal.  

It was 'Bluesday Tuesday' with the well known Wiley Nash Band and was also 'open mic' so my friends, the 'Beatle Guys' were able to join in for a few songs. They were persuaded to do a few more than the three they had planned as everybody has a favorite Beatle song they wanted to hear and Tony Schillizzi, Kent Taylor Brown and Johnny Nick could do them all! 

I had some really nice photos to post but - alas - I am totally incapable of transporting them from my camera card to the site.  I know, I know...someday someone will take pity on me and pick up the tech side of this thing. 

Anyway, great music by Wiley Nash, and all those who sat in that I didn't get the names of. I do know one thing, the first song I heard was Dave Scott playing guitar and singing, of all things, St. James Infirmary. It for sure a St. James Infirmary I had never heard before!  Whoa! Loved the guitar, loved the voice. And then, 'Aint't no Sunshine,' so the jam was definitely off to a good start. 
Mike Presutti of Nasty Habits did his incredible hard rock blues thing, and then...here they were - The Beatle Guys! And I want to thank Roger, Linda, Karen and Ron for sticking around to hear them. (Oh, I had some great photos of you guys, but...the photos are not allowing me to post them. Sorry.) 

Nasty Habits is playing out there at the 331/3 Bar and Grill on Friday may 30, 8pm and then, Lili Lavon Band is doing their blues thing on Saturday, 31 at 8pm. I plan to catch Lili..just because. 

                     Thursday, 5/29

      Cork and Tapas – none listed

Dockside Grille – none listed

14th Avenue Steakhouse – none listed

          Filthy’s Pubbery – Legged Fox, 9 pm

 Grille on the Green – none listed, 

Kelley’s Irish Bar and Deli - none listed

Kilted Mermaid – none listed 

Lobster Shanty – none listed

           Long Branch Saloon – They got line dancing!

         O’Chonchs Pub – Kent Taylor Brown open Mic

Old Dixie Bar – listing coming soon

Osceola Bistro -  none listed

Quilted Giraffe Johnny Nick, 6 - 9 (Every Thurs)

Vero Beach Veterans – none listed

            

           Beachside Venues

Blue Star Wine BarEd Shanophy, 7pm 


Cobalt Room – none listed

DiMare’s Restaurant & Piano Bar – none listed

Havana Nights Piano BarBobby Gangloff, 6-9 (Every Thurs)

Mulligans – none listed

Riverside Café – Kurt Stevens, acoustic, 5:30 -8 pm (Every Thurs)

Vinz Wine and Dine Bar – none listed

·        Waldo’s –  none listed. Something new coming in June!







  




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry