Friday, April 12, 2013

The end of another charming week in Vero Beach, Florida. Here's a quote I thought was interesting - 
             
          "The difference between who you are and 
                             who you want to be is 
                                  what you DO!" 

When my job was coaching people I always told them, "Don't worry - work!"  Meaning, work the steps, work the new thinking, work your way out of where you don't want to be by doing what you need to do. 

But that was then - and now the best advice I can give people is to party with the live music where ever they can find it! :>)  

Here's the weekend schedule, with comments about venues you might like to explore: 


Friday, 4/12
    
     >14th Ave. Steakhouse - Kent Taylor Brown, Jeff Haley sitting in for Reckoning  6-9 (Dancing!) 
       
    >Kelley’s Irish Bar & Deli -Deja Vu will be there!, 8 - 11  (Dancing,) Every Fri.
     
    >Di Mare’s Piano Bar - Johnny Nick, (piano, vocals) 7-10 Every Fri.
     
    >Cobalt Room - Curtis Hill, 7 til...10? 11?  (Dancing!) Every Fri.
          
    >Blue Star Wine Bar, - Mike Marshall, (surf rock), 8:30 - 12

   >Patio Restaurant, Crooked Creek, 7 - 10 ? 

    
 >Vinz Wine Bar - TBA, 7 - 10

     >CJ Cannon's Restaurant - Top Hats - from 5:30 Every Fri. 

   > American Bar and Grill  - Julie Lendon, (vocals)  5 - 8  

  >Kilted Mermaid - The Sweet Chariots, 8:30 - 11:30

  > Will's 55 - Low Key, (eclectic Americana) 7 - 10   Every Fri. thru April

>Shuckdaddy's Rock n Raw Bar, Stoney and the House Rockers, 8 - 11:30

>Waldo's on the beach, Mojo Sandwich,  8 - 11

>Dockside Grill, MJ Wicker (acoustic guitar,vocals) 6 - 9  Every Fri. 

>Inlet Wine and Brew, Latin Night w/Oscar Alvarado, 7:30 -10:30? 

>Mulligans on the beach, Matt Manning, (acoustic) 7 ? 

 [Sorry my computer is not spacing correctly right now for some mysterious reason. Help! Where's my techie??]

Wow, there is a lot on Friday that I have not yet explored myself! Please let me know if you go to hear something I don't mention here. (verobeachlive@gmail.com)

I know I like the sounds of Stoney and the House 

Rockers for dancing and great rock n roll; I've enjoyed Low 

Key for their interesting songs, instruments and voices; 

Johnny Nick of course, does a wonderfully humerus

one man show,singing lots of favorites; the very talented 

Kent Taylor Brown and Jeff Haley are always 

a pleasure.....

Tonight, I've made plans to stop in at Kelleys Irish Bar and 

Deli and get into the act at with Deja Vu and then I may zip 

up to the Patio to hear Crooked Creek or maybe catch 

Stoney at Shuckdaddy's.  

Last night I did get to hear Matt and Bruce at Bono's, 

playing bluegrass and a variety of other stuff. It was very nice 

to have live music while I was enjoying some delicious ribs!  

The Matt and Bruce Duo are there every Thursday. 


Saturday 4/13

  >Blue Star Wine Bar - Low Key, (eclectic Americana) 8:30- 12

  >Vinz Wine Bar - 
 Jazz, but call for info, 7 - 10 (Dancing)

  > Dockside Grill - M.J. Wicker, 5:30 -8:30  Every Sat.

 >American Bar and Grill - Tony and Holly, (sing timeless favorites)6 - 9

>Kilted Mermaid - Supercats, 8:30 - 11:30

>Waldo's on the beach - No music scheduled 

>Shuckdaddy's Rock n Raw Bar, In The Pocket, Rick Collins, Kent Taylor Brown,  8 - 12

>DiMare Restaurant, Juliane (piano/vocals) 7 - 10  Every Sat.

>The Grove, No music scheduled

>Inlet Wine and Brew, Chad Lada, (acoustic singer/songwriter) 8 pm

>Patio Restaurant, Crooked Creek, 7 - 10 ?



Saturday, I'm rather partial to Tony and Holly singing beautifully at the American Bar and Grill, so I'll surely go there for a while. I'd also like to hear In The Pocket at Shuckdaddy's Rock n Raw Bar. (Hibiscus Festival is also happening so be aware of a potential parking shortage).
Might be a nice evening to park a little farther and get some walking in anyway, enjoying our quaint downtown area. 

Sunday 4/14

>Kilted Mermaid - Thomas Wesley Bowman, 8:30 - 11:30
> Vero Beach Moose Lodge  - Jam Session with Tightrope Band, 5 - 9 


Mark Farner, keyboard player with Tightrope sent this: 


"Don't forget every Sunday at the Vero Moose from 5 until 9 we host a great jam session and all musicians, singers etc are always invited. Food,  alcohol, and ice cold drafts are available. It's always a success and a lot of fun for all! Thanks!!  Mark "    

As more info comes in, I'll post it throughout 

the weekend. Keep checking in. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. Appreciate it.

Cultural Council of Indian River County

Cultural Council of Indian River County
Join the Musicians Registry